Privacy and Data Protection Policy
Collection of Information
- ePCA recognize the importance of the personal data you have provided to us and believe that it is our responsibility to properly manage, protect and process your personal data. Please read this policy to understand what personal data is collected or processed by us, and for what purposes it is used.
- Personal data is defined in the Personal Data Protection Act as “data, whether true or not, about an individual who can be identified — a) from that data; or b) from that data and other information to which the organization has or is likely to have access”.
- By providing your personal data to us, you acknowledge and agree that you have fully read and understood this policy, and consent to the collection, use, processing and disclosure of your personal data as described in this policy.
- Collection of Information
- To process your requests, we collect some personal information, such as:
- Full name
- Copy of NRIC
- Copy of passport or other identification document
- Telephone number(s)
- Residential address
- Email address
- Other personal information required by government agencies
- Photo/video of yourself and your identification document
- We collect most of the personal data for the corporate services’ purposes and disclosure to the government agencies.
- All Information provided will be used for the purposes of sharing with ACRA and other Statutory Bodies.
- Our Website and Application are set up to automatically collect anonymous information about visitors to help us understand our website visitors and their traffic patterns; to know when visitors have accessed our site, which devices our they use for statistical purposes and to improve our service.
- We will not share any information collected with any non-authorized third parties.
- We use email, EPCA applications and social media accounts to communicate with clients regarding their requests and services provided.
- We will occasionally notify you of our new services and corporate special offers via applications or e-mail updates.
- We will notify you in advance when we collect information for the purposes other than listed above.
- We disclose your personal and business information only with government bodies for corporate and legal purposes as an organization in the course of acting on behalf of public agencies.
- Upon your request, we may disclose your personal and business information with authorized third parties, such as:
- Legal and audit firms
- Banks and other financial institutions
- Retention Limitation
- It is required for us to retain your documents containing personal data as long as we have:
- Specific business requirements of services we provide to you;
- The obligation under the law to save the data even after our business relationship is over.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorized access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to secure the information.
EPCA is open to sharing information about its data protection practices, policies and complaints processes upon request.